1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    This may be picky, but is there a way to better show which threads I have read and have not thread . . . I realize that unread threads are a slightly lighter shade of blue, but for some reason I'm having problems telling the unread/read threads without really scrutinizing the color.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. firefighterjake

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    I also see that you cannot tell how long a member has been a member and the number of posts or where they are from . . . that info is kind of handy. It lets me know when there is a new guy (to welcome), if a person has been around for a bit and may be of some help and if the member may benefit from info I could provide (i.e. I don't bother with tree identification outside of New England due to the various species, but in New England I may be more likely to post what I think it is . . . or while I may not post info on heating a home to a member in Alabama, I may have no issues telling a person from New Hampshire what worked for me here in Maine.)
  3. firefighterjake

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    One more thing . . . clicking on the forum picture at the top of the page brings you back to the main menu . . . not the forum.
  4. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    I can fix all that stuff - I think.
    I'm doing a bit of triage - that is, have to get the basics working first. But as soon as I get some of the big stuff done I will start on the long list.
  5. firefighterjake

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Thanks Craig . . . I see clicking on the forum picture now brings you back to the forum . . . and folks have post counts and locations now listed under their avatar . . . and maybe it's me, but I'm getting better at picking out the old and new posts.