Ready for old man winter! W/pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

runandjump

Apr 7, 2009
Southern Ohio
Well, I know how we all like photos so here is my setup. The wood is ~10-12 cords total.

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,083
  • wood.jpg
    wood.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,066
Nice home, nice stove, a healthy lookin child/wood helper and nice pile of wood. What more could a guy ask for. Did you cut all that up with the 024? WOW! Thanks for sharing and I am sure your set-up will keep you more than warm this winter.
N of 60

Great looking stove sir. Looks like you are all set to fight the cold.

Dang it! You guys keep posting pics of those EQs and I am gonna have to take out a loan and tear out a wall around here.

Alberta Burner said:
From the picture you seem very young, but seem to have a very mature & responsible attitude. :coolsmile:

I was gonna say that using your kid for a stove thermometer is kinda mean, but resisted.

north of 60 said:
Nice home, nice stove, a healthy lookin child/wood helper and nice pile of wood. What more could a guy ask for. Did you cut all that up with the 024? WOW! Thanks for sharing and I am sure your set-up will keep you more than warm this winter.
N of 60

N of 60, I cut about half of the "pile" with the 024. The stacks were done by the sawmill. Most of it is cross-tie ends. I love the stuff!

Great pics! Just a thought, do you have enough protection at the side and rear of that EQ ? Seems kinda close to that wood to me. What does Hearthstone recommend?

Pagey said:
Very nice! I had nearly the same color of hair when I was a kid.

So did I. Well at least I had hair as a kid. :)

Thanks for the great pics. Looks like it will be a warm winter at your house.

Looking good. I wonder if your boy could fit inside that beast?

webby3650 said:
Great pics! Just a thought, do you have enough protection at the side and rear of that EQ ? Seems kinda close to that wood to me. What does Hearthstone recommend?

You know what, I will do some more research but from what I'm under the impresion is on the paralell surfaces. Thanks for bringing this up! I have some options if it is not OK.

Todd said:
Looking good. I wonder if your boy could fit inside that beast?
Not a good idea he's over 30% moisture %-P

Boy Oh Boy......That's a nice looking set-up you have there! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.