Ready For Winter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
use the ash and cherry frist giving more seasoning time for the other woods you got

Got my moisture meter today and went out to see how the wood is doin'. Checked wood at different locations in shed and I am getting 12% to 18% readings. I am happy with that.

jlow said:
Got my moisture meter today and went out to see how the wood is doin'. Checked wood at different locations in shed and I am getting 12% to 18% readings. I am happy with that.

did you put a fresh splitt and check in the center?

Can't really say I have a fresh split in the stack. I did check in the center of the splits I did do.

jlow said:
Can't really say I have a fresh split in the stack. I did check in the center of the splits I did do.

I think he meant re-splitting a split and checking the center of that to check the true inside %.

With a moisture reader, you should re-split a split, and then check the middle for a more useful reading

Oops, bucks beat me to it. :)

jlow said:

not sure i am reading this right, did you resplitt each peace before using your meter them #'s are very low for wood just cut this season (except the ash and cherry)

I did not split a split. I will tomorrow and re-check the readings. Thanks for the advice.

Split ash, cherry & mulberry and got between 17%-19%. All wood in my stack is from deadfall and has been seasoning since March/April.

jlow said:
Split ash, cherry & mulberry and got between 17%-19%. All wood in my stack is from deadfall and has been seasoning since March/April.

your in great shape! I wouldnt bother with the garage

Status
Not open for further replies.