Rear pipes on Kent Tile Fire?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

n00bEM

May 13, 2022
Perth
Hi there,

I have what appears to be an 80's Kent Tile Fire. I've recently replaced the door seals and glass retaining gasket, as it had rusted to oblivion and peeled apart to the point where the door wouldn't close...

Anyway, I've looked around the forum and can't seem to find any information on these rear tubes evident on my fireplace. Can anyone advise what these are? I appreciate any guidance!

16524193896208548448870416312782.jpg IMG_20220513_132514__01.jpg

It looks like someone may have retrofitted a water jacket at some point in the stove's history.

Reactions: n00bEM
It looks like someone may have retrofitted a water jacket at some point in the stove's history.
I also figured it could be a water appliance of sorts. It is strange that the pipes terminate almost directly against a wall, mind you, I don't know the full history of my house, or the fireplace, for that matter.

Actually it was a water heater pipe option that could be purchased. I think it was called a water back or something to that affect.