1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Received natural gas bill $146.00!!!!! WTC ????

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Augie, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Augie

Augie Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    North Of Canada
    So first year burner here and I received my ebill this morning. Just going over the numbers, I was gone for a couple of days so the furnace was keeping the house heater and I was expecting a $20ish bill. It was 146!!!!!! I called to tell them that I had a gas leak and they needed to send someone out. They asked me how I knew this, told them I had a woodstove and my bill was way too high. Then they told me last month my usage was estimated based on temps and my average heating cost at these temps last year.......lol went out and read them the numbers on the meter and my new bill is $18.63
    PapaDave, milleo and Shane N like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    Yup, they only read the meter every so often and just use estimates for the other times. When they finally get to the meter (and if you pay the bill in full) you'd eventually notice a credit on your account. Unless you like loaning them money, feel free to read the meter and tell them while they work out new averages for your house.

P.S. you said "copulate" lol
    Shane N likes this.
  3. Augie

Augie Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    North Of Canada
    I was aware that they estimated bills, but the new bills I get through email(ebill) doesn't indicate if your bill was estimated or not. LOL
  4. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    Weird, my bill shows an A for Actual and E for Estimated. We read our own (Co-Op) meters and give them the info for billing, then they come out once a year to verify.
    Good thing you called.
  5. Woody Stover

Woody Stover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    They will fornicate you over every chance they get. ==c
  6. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    I fixed the title for you. <>
  7. midwestcoast

midwestcoast Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Indiana
    My first year burning they estimated the bill for 3 months in a row. I didn't pay for quite a while after that.
  8. aussiedog3

aussiedog3 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    West Michigan
    That's right. Nice work.
    Stick it to The Man!
  9. nate379

nate379 Guest

I was on the budget pay. The first year I heated with wood (2010), I paid enough into it that December 2012 was the first bill I have paid. I didn't pay a gas bill most of 2011 and 2012!