Recommendations for Rope for Maasdam Rope Puller

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KenLockett

Minister of Fire
Dec 27, 2011
Eastern Upstate NY
Just bought the Maasdam A-20 Rope Puller that came with 20' of 3 Strand 1/2" Polyester Rope. Need 100' and while researching what to buy I now realize how many choices are out there. I think general intent is to avoid nylon and polypropylene due to strength and stretch properties. Can anyone recommend a good rope at reasonable cost. Found rope below at Ebay that sounds promising but truly just not sure. Will be using for leaning trees and pulling logs. Anyone have any idea of what rope is in the Maasdam puller and where I might buy it specifically as well?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-100-Fee...OPE-/231587669525?hash=item35ebb36615&vxp=mtr

So are you implying that the rope that came with the Maasdam rope puller you purchased was Samson Pro-Master?

Status
Not open for further replies.