Recommendations for small fan to circulate air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
Hi all,

For those of you who use small fans to move cool air toward the stove room, have you found a particular fan that you really like? I was on Amazon looking at fans, and I liked the Honeywell small 'turbo' fans - the reviews indicated that they were very quite on low setting (the setting I'd be using), BUT, the fan did not point downward - only horizontal or upwards (from what I gathered). I'm looking for 3 fans - 2 will be pointing straight ahead, blowing air from a rear hallway and from the living room toward the stove room - the 3rd will be at the top of our upstairs, pointing downward. So...I'm looking for a fan that is 1) quiet (really important), 2) can angle downward (45* or so), and 3) not too powerful. Any suggestions on fans you like would be appreciated. Cheers!

I've got that honeywell turbo fan. It's noisy even on low speed, and now is "rattling" a bit when it fires up. It's garbage.

I use a cheap table fan (like BeGreen mentioned) that my wife had when we got together all the way back in 1994 . . . I think the "high" button doesn't work . . . but it's hard to complain since it works fine on "medium" and keeps the whole house warm in the winter by circulating the heat and keeps me cool in the summer by providing a cool breeze.

Thanks guys - I have one of the small table fans blowing in the hall now - I'll just pick up a couple more - they are cheap and do work well/last long. Cheers!

My Honeywell Turbo rattles and constantly tips skyward, which is nice

I use the cheapest closeout I could find at Lowe's (maybe nine bucks?). Could be my best investment ever.

We have one of the really small Vornado fans that works very well.

heading over to bed bath and beyond tomorrow to get one of those vornado fans. look slike that'll do the job. ive notice a differences already in puttin the fan pushing the cool air down my stairs to my finished basement already.feels nice to as it gets quite warm in here fast now that i have everything fully insulated. Now i have my basement then my first floor and my bedrooms are on my second floor 2 full floors above my basement do you guys think maybe putting a fan on my 2nd floor would do anything as well or no? it acutally usualy stays in the 60's up there so its just to my liking but we have a kid on the way and am wondering some better ways to get some more heat up there. probably going to add an electric heater in the baby room.

Status
Not open for further replies.