reconditioned echo's at Home Depot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exmasonite

Feeling the Heat
Oct 3, 2010
Novi, MI
Hey all... Haven't been on in awhile. Ended up moving to Michigan for medical residency andxsadly am without a stove. $$ was tight so I had to sell the saws.

I am jonesing for a saw... In a small ranch house with small lot but regret selling my 260 pro for just in case.

Anyway, local home depot has 2 echoes on refurbished sale: a cs352 for $120 and a cs400 for $130. Each come with 1 yr home depot warranty... Which probably amounts to cost of saw and not much else.

Have been trolling craigslist and ebay for a smaller saw (stihl 250-260) but so much $$... Any thoughts on on either of these 2 saws?

I don't know the saws but on the surface...40cc vs 34cc for $10 more. I'd go CS400. Warranty and not much money. Not a big risk.

I don't know the saws but on the surface...40cc vs 34cc for $10 more. I'd go CS400. Warranty and not much money. Not a big risk.
Yeah... I went and snagged the 400 this morning. I came to same conclusion last night.
I am sure not gonna be the same as my 260 pro or 066 but for $130, can't go wrong. Need to fire her up this weekend and see if I can easily tweak her a bit.

Thanks for reply.

I just got the cs400 last week. Cut up about a cord with it. Nothing too big, the biggest of the logs is just about 18 inches. Worked great, until I bent the bar that is, but that's my own fault, can't wait to pick up a bar and get back to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.