Record high temps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iskiatomic

Minister of Fire
Nov 15, 2008
Central CT
I am up in Stowe VT, this weekend skiing, so obviously the stove is not going. Seeing the temp was 68 at home yesterday it makes me feel good the oil boiler most likely was not running also. At this point of the year with temps rising and oil at around $1.75 a gallon I am almost thinking on pulling the plug on the stove. Let the 8 cords of red oak season some more for next year. After reading the many posts about seasoning, I believe in early May, I will pull the tarps off of my piles to get more sun in.

KC

Well... Winter ain't over here. Was -23C this morning and the predicted high is -1. We're expecting to get 10 inches of snow Monday and Tuesday with -19C as the high for Wednesday.

Ja, you might as well save your wood for later. If it's half way seasoned already, I wouldn't take the tarps off completely, just keep the top covered and let air through the sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.