1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

red headed step child......treager

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by steelman, Dec 10, 2012.

1. steelman

steelman Member

Loc:
    east central ohio
    startin to think im the only one that owns this great pellet/corn furnace from the lack of responses, interest. thats fine but i know there must be a few people out there that have one. they have sold thousands so why no correspondence?
    looking for pics of the pellet burn pot. i have the corn pot and it does ok with the pellets but i keep thinking they made the pellet pot for a reason. wondering if i should purchase one but would like to see if first. anyone have a pic? the only complaint i have with the furnace is it smokes too much when in the pilot mod. wondering if the pellet pot would help with that.

thank you.

jim

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. sinnian

sinnian Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Limerick, Maine
    Jim,

I'll send you a picture next time I shut it down to clean (this coming weekend). Unless you want the picture of it in the unit.

~Jeff
  3. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

I'm interested in seeing the difference

Most times the corn pot has more holes and higher up. The pellet pot will prob have less overall holes or possibly just all lower in the pot. May even be a different material? Such as Cast iron instead of stainless.
  4. Ironhorse74

Ironhorse74 Member

Loc:
    The Great Pacific North Wet
    One of the big differences between corn pot and pellet pots is that corn pots have higher sides. This is to keep the corn from bouncing out of the pot when it drops.

Peace

Brad
  5. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

And allow the build up of a Clinker. Also commonly referred to as a Clinker pot.
  6. steelman

steelman Member

Loc:
    east central ohio
    that would be great. would like to see any pics you willing to post of your treager install. not many around here to see. thank you.