Regency 3100 vs. NC-30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle-Kill

Minister of Fire
Sep 8, 2009
Colorado- near the Divide
One of the guys who bought the NC-30 is going to replace a 3100. Now he's hemming and hawing, thinking he'll not do the swap and instead, use it for a basement install in the future. Any obvious benefit to swapping the 30 would help my arguement to do so, even though I've never burned one. He'll have to build up his hearth, get it to R-1.5, current is only slate tile on durock. Pretty sure it's not enough for the 3100 as it is. He's not the type to pay attention to these things, that's where I come in. Thanks, JB EDIT: That's also why I'm here, to learn from others experiences. Thanks.

Just let him put it in the basement and learn a lesson. In hauling it upstairs after he burns in it. You can lead a horse to water but...

Hate to say it, but his "basement "area is as easy to access as is the main level. No stairs, exterior access for both levels (built into a slope-side). In all honesty, should I pursue my argument that the 30 is a bit superior to the 3100? If nothing else, it lists .6 more c/f capacity, but I need to be honest with him.

No advantage that I can see. Put the 30 in the basement.

Beetle-Kill said:
That was weird.

I posted thinking about the wrong stove and deleted the post when I pulled my head out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.