Regency CI1250 Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buffalo98

Oct 22, 2014
United States
IMG_3362.JPG IMG_3463.JPG IMG_3479.JPG IMG_3480.JPG

This isn't a question but some information to share with potential Regency CI1250 owners (or any other insert really). I got a lot of information on this site so this is my way of giving back and of course any feedback or issues in my installation are welcome.

I planned to re-tile my fireplace as part of this upgrade and was really focusing in the overall design as much as function. In my research I was getting really annoyed by the potential need for a backing plate. I was trying to find the right unit that would fill whole opening but I couldn't find one. Instead, I used metal framing and backer board to close up the vertical dimension of the opening by about 6 inches. The final result looks great and specifically this unit is really nice looking. So far the heat output is satisfactory. We haven't had a really cold day yet, but today it was 35 degrees out and it easily kept the whole first floor of my 1500 sq ft home around 71-73 degrees. Photos of the process are attached. I hope this information helps anyone that is wrestling with the whole backing plate thing or is deciding on whether or not to go with the CI1250.

IMG_3496.jpg

Stove and tile looks great,thanks for sharing

View attachment 145900 View attachment 145902 View attachment 145903 View attachment 145904

This isn't a question but some information to share with potential Regency CI1250 owners (or any other insert really). I got a lot of information on this site so this is my way of giving back and of course any feedback or issues in my installation are welcome.

I planned to re-tile my fireplace as part of this upgrade and was really focusing in the overall design as much as function. In my research I was getting really annoyed by the potential need for a backing plate. I was trying to find the right unit that would fill whole opening but I couldn't find one. Instead, I used metal framing and backer board to close up the vertical dimension of the opening by about 6 inches. The final result looks great and specifically this unit is really nice looking. So far the heat output is satisfactory. We haven't had a really cold day yet, but today it was 35 degrees out and it easily kept the whole first floor of my 1500 sq ft home around 71-73 degrees. Photos of the process are attached. I hope this information helps anyone that is wrestling with the whole backing plate thing or is deciding on whether or not to go with the CI1250.

View attachment 145906

Excellent install. I have a firebox of what appears to be nearly exact same dimension. I also plan to install the CI1250 and drop the vertical height of the firebox by 5.5" (rather than your 6"). Can you share with me more about how you rigged up the metal frame? Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.