Regency CI2600 vs Enviro 1700

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joejoe100

Sep 24, 2016
toronto
Hello, We have narrowed our selection down to 2 wood inserts that we like the look and the specs. We prefer the look of the Regency over the Enviro but more concerned about actual heat output and burn time as we have always run the fireplace over night then fill it back up in the morning. Lots of people seem disappointed about the Regency claim of 14 hours which we do not expect to get anyway. Looking for at least 8 hours of hot coals left and enough heat output for a 2500 sqft house.Do not hear anyone complaining about the heat thrown off this model. The Enviro has a lot less technology and things to go wrong. A simpler system might be less problematic and the fan opening looks a lot larger to throw more heat into the room. Anymore info on these 2 inserts would be great as we are going to choose one this week. Thank You.

Both are good brand names. The Enviro 1700 has a couple of flavors, the Kodiak, the Boston and the Cabello. The base Kodiak model is a workhorse and a great value for the money (about 2600 for std surround, black door), the Boston is a cast clad beauty, around 3200 and the Cabello is cast flush. All are 2.5 cf fireboxes, non cat, easy to use stoves. Don't think you would be unhappy with either, but cost is always a consideration. I burn the 1700 FS, beautiful easy to burn stove, very forgiving to operate. Good luck.

image.png This is the bed of coals in my ci2600 I believe at the 14 hour mark, it was not a very cold day about 45f and stoves burn slower on warm days. Even on very cold days I still will have a bed of coals that big after 9 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.