Regency GF55

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TTigano

Jan 19, 2012
Southeastern, Ma
Question I'm asking for a family member. My father recently purchased a regency gf55 pellet stove. He's been able to comfortably heat the house with the normal winter temps here in southeastern mass. Just recently we've run into quite a cold snap and he's been forced to run the stove on level 5 (high) more often than not. No big deal. Problem is, he's finding that every 30 or so hour he's forced to shut down the stove and clean out the burn pot as it fills up so much with ash and debris that the pellets begin falling into the ash pan. He's burning clean burn pellets which is a mixture of soft and hardwoods and seems to be of very nice quality. I've adjusted the feed trim to the slowest possible and increased the combustion air to level 3 of 5. Is there something else we should try or is this normal? I burn wood at my house so I'm lost. Thanks for any help.

Todd

When burning on the highest setting, the feed rate is increased to produce additional BTUs. More pellets=more ash. The stove is usually designed to burn most efficiently in the mid range. The only suggestion I would make is trying a softwood. They do burn hotter and produce lighter ash which make keep it cleaner for slightly longer. The down side is they usually are more expensive.

Keep warm...

Status
Not open for further replies.