Regency Hampton GC60 Pellet Stove Baffle problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

walterts

Dec 25, 2020
fantasea4613
I have a GC60 pellet stove that is now in it's 3rd season. So far it's been great. But after a recent cleaning, the firebox baffle (the roof of the firebox) will not stay in place once the stove is lit. This baffle is only secured in place by two tabs at the rear of the baffle. Essentially, it sits atop the rear Firebox liner - kind of cantilevered in place. It has to be lifted, then slid forward to remove.

The baffle will sit in place as long as the stove is not running. And it feels secure. Then, once started, the baffle just drops down within 5 minutes of the stove running. Almost like as the baffle heats up, it moves enough to become unsecured.

Any ideas of what might be happening will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Walt

Is the baffle warped at all? Is the ledge it sits on clear of debris? Did the rear of the firebox warp?

Thanks for the suggestions. But it finally worked out. The baffle was not holding because the rear fire box liner was not seated correctly. This is my first pellet stove (wife keeps reminding me she wanted to stay with wood) and the parts only want to be reassembled perfectly. No play is tolerated.
So all is good and we are fine now. MERRY CHRISTMAS

Walt

Cool!! Merry Christmas to you too