Regency hi500 woodstove insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ElkTrout

Mar 3, 2024
Ohio City, CO
I'm being forced to replace my Big Buck 28000 woodstove insert and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with a Regency hi500? Could really benefit form hearing from someone who has this stove and hearing what you think of it. Thanks for any help you can give me. Doug Dillingham Ohio City, Colorado

Read up on the reviews of the Regency i2700 too. It's the same as the hi500 inside.

Modern stoves need a bit stronger draft and Colorado stoves often need a bit more flue height to compensate for the altitude. How tall will the flue system be on this stove?

As for flue height, I'm not sure what the installers will do but the manual says it needs to be 16' at my altitude. I'll have the stove professionally installed as I am a complete newbie. Thanks for the heads-up as to the i2700 being the same inside. I'll see if I can find any reviews. Having a hard time finding many. D

I'm being forced to replace my Big Buck 28000 woodstove insert and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with a Regency hi500? Could really benefit form hearing from someone who has this stove and hearing what you think of it. Thanks for any help you can give me. Doug Dillingham Ohio City, Colorado
i have installed a few of these units , they are good , they are a high performance unit/ on the older units we removed the cat Gard to increase draught/ but the new ones have this correction done this unit is a 10 out of 10

You might want to reach out to Bholler. He is a Regency dealer and might have insight

I'm installing a 2700i today. So far we haven't had any problems or complaints with them

Reactions: moresnow
As for flue height, I'm not sure what the installers will do but the manual says it needs to be 16' at my altitude. I'll have the stove professionally installed as I am a complete newbie. Thanks for the heads-up as to the i2700 being the same inside. I'll see if I can find any reviews. Having a hard time finding many. D
There is a thread specific to the i2600/i2700. Jump in and ask questions of the owners.