Regency not HOT enough???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I don't have an ash dump. I have never closed to the notch because the fire goes down along with the stove temp. I'm hoping to get a better idea tonight by closing the draft more. I also looked at some other stoves today on a showroom and all the holes in the tubes pointed to the front. Maybe I'm not seeing the burn because mine are pointed down. Thank you

I also looked at some other stoves today on a showroom and all the holes in the tubes pointed to the front. Maybe I'm not seeing the burn because mine are pointed down.
Maybe take a pic of your tubes and email Regency, and see what they say?

The tube holes usually point in different directions from one tube to another.

The tube holes usually point in different directions from one tube to another.
Is it even possible to install them in other than the correct orientation?

Is it even possible to install them in other than the correct orientation?
Not sure, may be dif from manufacturer to manufacturer. May mount same way, but might be in a certain order which dictates the direction of the holes.

I'm getting the hang of it. I appreciate all the help. It's just nothing like it was years ago. I'm getting heat out of it better than I was. I'm probably going to get a new stove in the summer. Bigger probably and I'll add outside combustion air but that's a different topic. Thank you for all the help.