Regency's Answer to Blaze King - 4.2 Cu Ft, 27" Log, Cat...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like cat stoves are making a come back.
Good looking stove but too big for my house.

Their website says corner to corner 27".
So what a BK King will take a 29 inch corner to corner just tried it with room to spare not a big deal,BK still rules.

Wonder how deep the fire box is? I think the deep BK fire box contributes to the long burns.

Looking at the pictures it doesn't look like it has a big belly like the BK stoves. Even the Princess has about 6 inches below the door, I think the King is 9!

Of course we won't know for sure until someone gets their hands on it.

Looking at the pictures it doesn't look like it has a big belly like the BK stoves. Even the Princess has about 6 inches below the door, I think the King is 9!

Of course we won't know for sure until someone gets their hands on it.

It will be interesting. The King has 4.4 cu ft without burn tubes. The F5100, I'm assuming, has burn tubes since it is a hybrid. I wonder how much of the firebox is usable?

Either way, here's to hoping it pushes BK to put out a stove that looks more traditional, but still has the BK magic in it.

So what a BK King will take a 29 inch corner to corner just tried it with room to spare not a big deal,BK still rules.
There is no stove on the market to compete in size with the Elm. Steve has sold them to take up to 39" logs. 36" ers are common. They only go in one way though hehehehe.

There is no stove on the market to compete in size with the Elm. Steve has sold them to take up to 39" logs. 36" ers are common. They only go in one way though hehehehe.

How long of a burn do you get out of your elm on a full load?

How long of a burn do you get out of your elm on a full load?
I have never filled it up. My standard load of cherry and maple will last 10hrs easily. If I loaded it with hardwood I should expect to see 14-16hrs with hot coals still visible.

I have never filled it up. My standard load of cherry and maple will last 10hrs easily. If I loaded it with hardwood I should expect to see 14-16hrs with hot coals still visible.

That is what I would also expect now that I have had a chance to play a bit with a steady diet of hardwood.

What I'm really digging is the diminutive hearth pad they used for the photo. Here in NJ, that wouldn't pass code for a pellet stove, let alone a wood burner. Well, a pellet stove IS technically a wood burner, but you know what I mean...:p

What I'm really digging is the diminutive hearth pad they used for the photo. Here in NJ, that wouldn't pass code for a pellet stove, let alone a wood burner. Well, a pellet stove IS technically a wood burner, but you know what I mean...:p

Don't get too excited. All stove manufacturers do this. It never represents the actual hearth requirements.

Probably has the exact same fire view as the rest of the Regency line as well.

How does a 4.2 cft firebox only hold 60 lbs of wood?

Any word on price yet? I bet it will come under the price of Blaze King. Maybe they will end up having a price war.

Any word on price yet? I bet it will come under the price of Blaze King. Maybe they will end up having a price war.

I'd guess it would be $3200-$3500. But, to be fair, I do not know the pricing of the rest of their stoves. What does the King go for?

I'd guess it would be $3200-$3500. But, to be fair, I do not know the pricing of the rest of their stoves. What does the King go for?

Theres two different prices for BK's, west coast is cheaper than the east coast, this is where the Regency can cash in if their big boy is priced competetively. I got my princess for about $800 less by bypassing the distributor. They dont allow that anymore. I imagine the King is about $1k difference, not sure of the King price but the Princess was about $2800 last I priced them.

Theres two different prices for BK's, west coast is cheaper than the east coast, this is where the Regency can cash in if their big boy is priced competetively. I got my princess for about $800 less by bypassing the distributor. They dont allow that anymore. I imagine the King is about $1k difference, not sure of the King price but the Princess was about $2800 last I priced them.

The Princess is cheaper than I thought it would be considering the Chinook is $800-1000 more.

Y'all already have a Regency vs Blaze King battle going. Keep in mind that there are other 4+ cu ft cat stoves out there, such as Buck and Country Flame. I suppose they don't make the 24 hour claim that Regency is, but neither one can touch the performance of the BK.
Just because it is big and has a cat doesn't make it the new king.

Y'all already have a Regency vs Blaze King battle going. Keep in mind that there are other 4+ cu ft cat stoves out there, such as Buck and Country Flame. I suppose they don't make the 24 hour claim that Regency is, but neither one can touch the performance of the BK.
Just because it is big and has a cat doesn't make it the new king.

I've never been able to find good burn reports from buck stoves. It's frustrating.

But, the Regency is a hybrid like the Woodstock. So it will be interesting to see how it burns and how long it burns.

I've never been able to find good burn reports from buck stoves. It's frustrating.

But, the Regency is a hybrid like the Woodstock. So it will be interesting to see how it burns and how long it burns.

I'm interested, too. I have heard some concerns about the sloppiness of air controls on some Bucks. We don't hear much at all about the BBF. Though they are both well built, I still think it's all about the air. After looking a lot at the BK, that's my conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.