1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Reginald 102 Wood Stove (Waterfrord102)

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by tasteliss, Sep 17, 2011.

1. tasteliss

tasteliss New Member

Loc:
    Delaware
    I purchased a home in Delaware and it has the stove in the cellar and is installed on a wood burning brick fireplace which is located in the center of the house. The person who cleaned the chimney said I would get more heat from the chimney than the radiant heat from the stove due to the chimney being in the center of the house??? Can this stove burn Antracite coal and what modifications would be necessary? Any help would be appreciated as I have never operated a wood stove.
    thanks, Ron

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.

Attached Files:

3. tasteliss

tasteliss New Member

Loc:
    Delaware
    The picture is the stove I have. It has a 6 inch chimney and it vents into a 13x13 inch tile chimney. I was told not to use it due to the differance in square inches of the chimneys. If that is the case should I use a fireplace insert with a 8 inch chimney.
    thanks, Ron
  4. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    That is a decent stove. You should line the chimney with a 6" stainless steel liner - and connect it to the stove. That will make the whole system work much better!
  5. sharjah

sharjah New Member

Hi everyone,
    I'm desperately searching for a copy of the owners manual for Reginald 102 --- particularly, I need to know what are the CLEARANCES to COMBUSTIBLES.... while the Reginald 102 is similar to a Jotul 118, Jotul's specs is not accepted under my insurance policy since it is NOT the Reginald. ..... How have you handle insurance requirements to follow manufacturer's guidelines when information on the Reginald is so impossible to locate? Thanks in advance for your help.