Register Booster Fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
NW Wisconsin
www.suncourt.com/eq2.html

With all the latest talk about floor grates and moving heat to upper levels, I thought I'd try something new. I purchased a register booster fan. Anyone ever try one of these? They fit over a 8x12 vent max, and move about 200cfm at about 27watts. Even have a thermostat.

Mine is running right now and seems to be working better, but a little more noise than the small doorway type fan I had in my vent before.

Todd for your application I can see how it could benifit it. However I an amazed that the fan is a solution to a poorly designed duct system. Most systems preform poorly due to the lack and poor placement of returns. Like ceiling returns in the upstairs hall. and none in the bedroom. Or ceiling feeds and ceiling returns

Status
Not open for further replies.