Rehau Underground Users?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armaton

Aug 22, 2011
Hastings, Michigan
Does anyone have any comments/praises/complaints on their Rehau underground lines? Can get dual 1 1/4" oxygen barrier insulated underground (just like Thermopex) for $13 a foot, or 1" Thermopex for $11 a foot. Run is approx 100 underground and 50' combined in house. so that would be 250' roundtrip of pex. Could probably use the 1" with no problems, but for an extra $300-$500 why take the chance. Driving over to get next week. Opinions/testimonials please!

Use the 1-1/4"!! Smaller circulators and lower wattage consumption will pay the extra cash outlay many, many times over.

TS

For the cost and performance, 1 1/4" is the way to go! But... I haven't read any " I Love my Rehua" threads yet! Just trying to get a better feel for it. Am hoping heaterman will put his 2 cents in!

For the cost and performance, 1 1/4" is the way to go! But... I haven't read any " I Love my Rehua" threads yet! Just trying to get a better feel for it. Am hoping heaterman will put his 2 cents in!
Looking back at some older threads it seems to be a good product.

Gary

Hi
I used it for my underground lines.I couldn't get 1 1/4,so i went with daul 1" lines.I was told that rehau had the only conections that were OK to bury.My lines are about 120' each way.I spray foamed in place,so far no problems.
Thomas

Does anyone have any comments/praises/complaints on their Rehau underground lines? Can get dual 1 1/4" oxygen barrier insulated underground (just like Thermopex) for $13 a foot, or 1" Thermopex for $11 a foot. Run is approx 100 underground and 50' combined in house. so that would be 250' roundtrip of pex. Could probably use the 1" with no problems, but for an extra $300-$500 why take the chance. Driving over to get next week. Opinions/testimonials please!

This will be my fifth year with 130 feet of 1 1/4" Rehau insulated pex burried approx 4 feet deep. No problems whatsoever ever!

Don't hesitate to use anything Rehau makes. It's all good stuff.

For that distance I would sure go with the 1-1/4" tube if you can swing it. You can probably circulate all the fluid you need with a $100 pump rather than the $250+ pump you will need with the 1" so there's half the difference in price right there. Add the lifetime enrgy savings of something burning through 85 watts vs 200 or better and the extra cost of the 1-1/4 comes back real quick.

If you use Rehau's Everloc fittings I have a set of tools I can send UPS for a nominal charge. Those fittings will never ever leak.

Now thats what I call a gentlemen! Advice and the use of his tools.

TS

Thanks, for the info and opinions. Just what I wanted to hear! Will drive over and get Wed. Actually found another place that has it for $11.25 a foot. 80 miles further roundtrip but still a $150 savings there too.

Brandon

I have approx 100 feet of 1 1/4 thermopex (one way) and another 35 feet (one way) 1 1/4 insulated copper in my outbuildig. Love the thermopex but I paid aboout $18/ft

Status
Not open for further replies.