Reloading Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabby

Nov 13, 2007
Ohio
when i had my old stove and i reloaded in when i got home from work i used to crank it up and always got to the stove pipe hot like 800 for about 10 min. I got the new stove and it's harder to do that, if i leave it wide open and get a good flaming fire going i can only get the pipe up to 500 before i have to shut it down before the stove top temps get to 600 or so. how do you guys get it hotter or do you get about the same and call it good.

Old stove was probably non-epa, you can get them hotter because the heat is going up and out your chimney. No need to run your new stove at 800 to burn out the creosote from the pipes, you should not have any if burning correctly. That 30 will be happy running at 500 all day long throwing good consistent heat.

Yes, the newer stoves there should be no need to run that hot in the flue. We rarely get ours over 500 and we don't have a creosote problem either. All you need is good dry wood.

ok, that's what i figured, that's all i am getting on the stop pipe about 500 before i shut it down. I should be good then. although i may a have a little build up just because i have some wood that's not the greatest but not soaking wet, it lights and burns.

Status
Not open for further replies.