Relocating pellet stove in the house

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadeye316

Dec 8, 2007
Amsterdam, ny
I was thinking about relocating my pellet stove to the another location in the house. Has anyone ever had this done and know the cost? reparing the hole in the wall and the reisntallation.

I will be doing this this coming offseason (summer). But I will be doing all the work myself, So it won't cost me anything. Reusing all the same venting parts, and hearth. I still have some siding for repairing the hole. I would think that if you were to pay someone to relocate, you would want 2 different crews. I wouldn't think you want the stove installer doing the repair work. Whatever the cost your installer charged for the 1st install would probably be a good price on the relocation, and then you would want to get a price from a carpenter for the siding, sheathing and wallboard replacement.

first off..holy crap..same city..sweet
my friend just moved his from living room to another room..said it was pretty cheap because he already had the materials to repair..but if you don't have materials local HD might
sheetrock to cover the inside vent hole(s)..home depot has small sheets for less than $8
sheetrock ..sheetrock mud and sand then prime then paint to match
plywood to patch outside hole..again HD for scraps which they might give for free..otherwise less than $10 for small sheet
siding to cover hole which came from the new hole he cut..this one is difficult because siding is hard to match if its older

the most expensive is the piping if you need to go higher.. HD website says Amsterdam has 3 in. pellet vent piping for $23/foot and $13 for the wall bracket
honestly I can't see this costing more than $50 if you don't have any materials

You have about a million variables in your question.
Do you plan on doing some of the work yourself?
Can you reuse your old parts?
Are you installing a new hearth?
What kind of area is the stove going into?

Status
Not open for further replies.