Remote for Gas FP Stuck on High

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ciaocathy

Dec 9, 2021
Washington
The BurnGreen remote for my Mendota vented FP is stuck on HIGH. I spoke with someone who services Mendotas. They want the model number of the remote. Most of the numbers on the back of the remote are worn off. They said to get the numbers off of the receiver in the FP. There are no numbers on the parts of the receiver I can see. What do I do now?

Look at your bill of sale or look in the Fireplace owner's manual.
Hi - Thanks for the reply! The bill of sale doesn’t say anything about the remote/receiver. I read the front cover of the user manual to the curmudgeon on the phone and he told me the info doesn’t tell him enough. Please the attached file. I hope that you can make something of it!

7CD26D5F-9FD9-46EB-A76A-A1ED62216425.jpeg

The BurnGreen remote for my Mendota vented FP is stuck on HIGH. I spoke with someone who services Mendotas. They want the model number of the remote. Most of the numbers on the back of the remote are worn off. They said to get the numbers off of the receiver in the FP. There are no numbers on the parts of the receiver I can see. What do I do now?
The flame is stuck on high??? Do you still have the option of selecting the flame height on the remote? I am guessing you have this problem ever since you changed the batteries in the remote? I know exactly which remote you have, but i wonder if you just messed with the programming, when you installed new batteries. (Very common problem)