remote readout for temperature

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

in hot water

Jul 31, 2008
SW Missouri
This attaches to some of the solar controllers, via a two conductor wire. It displays solar, or boiler temperature, tank temperature, and KW produced.

I suppose that plastic cover could be changed to show a boiler instead of a solar collector, it snaps out.

It, the control it attached to, calculates kilowatts produced, use factor to get BTU, by measuring temperature out, return temperature, and you enter the known flow rate and type of fluid. A poor mans BTU meter, but amazingly accurate. They also offer a large version about 18" square.

hr

Attachments

• Picture 27.png
    Picture 27.png
    133.9 KB · Views: 396
Neat... Can you tell us who makes it? Does it have the ability to do BTU/hr instead of KW?

I'd still rather go with a NoFo logging and control setup or equivalent, but that is a great concept for a wall display unit.

Gooserider

It is geared for homeowners so we stayed with KW as most homeowners can see KW costs on their utility bills and compare actual savings. Not all homeowners understand what a BTU is and how much they pay for one. KW X 3.41= BTU.

This works with any Resol brand control. They are sold under many private label names.

NoFossil has a great control, and it grows with the market needs. It's nice to be able to customize it to the application.

When a control is sold to the mainstream via dealers, however it needs to have listings, warranty, and liability policies attached. So the cost of the control reflects those requirements which can cost tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars considering the listings needed to sell a control worldwide.

hr

HR-- please share manufacturer/ brand name, model #, MSRP, vendors/ distributors who are likely to have it?

Thanks

I tried to look those up to read a bit more about it, but after going to those links and searching on the name/part numbers I received a no search result response.

sgschwend said:
I tried to look those up to read a bit more about it, but after going to those links and searching on the name/part numbers I received a no search result response.

Same here-- some of these innovative products seem at times to be less-than-strongly marketed... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.