1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Remote Reset Button for Quadrafire Classic Bay CB1200 FS !!! How to Remotely warm your shed with a P

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Don2222, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

Well, I tried stove this AM at 40 Deg F and it started fine!!

see thread “Quadrafire Classic Bay 1200FS died, quit, just stopped working tonight!!! ?#%&## KaPut!â€
    http://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/91793/

Could very well be the AC cord causing the false starts!!! Will do more testing!

These stoves are built like tanks!!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

But the cord loose would have stopped and started the stove??

Not stall the auger. The blower would have cycled everytime you lost power? Not just the auger?

You would have heard the combustion blower turning On and Off?? No??

Im still voting for the Capacitor. Its cheap and well worth the money...

Maybe this will do it? But seems doubtful. IMO
  3. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    It was just a temporary interruption in power that stopped the startup cycle so it really could be the cord but I will see from more testing. So far so good!!!!
  4. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Only getting 6 pellets on a start-up is more than temporary interruption. IMO.
  5. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Bad contacts can cause interruptions maybe temporary was not the right word choice. Intermittent interruptions is what I mean.

Anyways, since I put the New AC cord in, it has started every time!!! Which goes to show Pellet Stoves need good electrical connections!!!