Remote sensor thermostat for oil furnace.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

latichever

Apr 14, 2006
My oil furnace wall-mounted thermostat is located not too far from my pellet stove on first floor. I'd like to have thermostatic control from a sensor on the second or third floor. It would be difficult and expensive to run wires from those floors. Is there a remote control thermostat that would allow me to have the remote sensor where I take it on the upper floors that would communicate with the switch that is now on the first floor? In other words, something similar to the Acumen thermostat I have for my pellet stove--but for my oil furnace?

Something like this?

http://www.fire-parts.com/remotes/acumen-thermostat-remote.html

Although the stove does send its heat upward, and I use little oil heat, it's tricky to get the oil thermostat and the stove to play well together--so for the times I'd like the upstairs radiators to get going I'd like a remote sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.