Removal of Tree's on YOUR property...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sawed one of those 'prime' white oak logs a few weeks ago - It was a nice one, not a knot showing. 12 footer, 25" big end, 21 on the other. 10 nails in that log, I hit every one of them. 2 blades of mine will never be the same. It just messes them up no matter how you sharpen & set them. 8 of the nails were from long gone "no trespassing" signs, about 10 ft up on the tree. The other 2 were near the ground, no idea what they were from. Clear lumber is stained blue so bad, you'd use it for trailer deck or fence boards. My 16 ft band blades are 25.00 each, if I was some big mill with a carbide tipped blade costing a few thousand, it would have hurt a lot worse. Yard trees, you'd think I'd know better at my age.

We had 8 trees taken down this year a little over 2k. The tree service left the wood because we wanted to keep it and that saved us $$ because they did not have haul it away.
That being said, the service we used doesn't do firewood or lumber mills so they were glad to leave it...and cut it into rounds for us also.

Last edited:
$500 per man per day is the going rate here, so $200 to drop a tree doesn't sound so bad. It's going to take one man a half day, by the time they figure travel and set up/clean up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had 8 trees taken down this year a little over 2k. The tree service left the wood because we wanted to keep it and that saved us $$ because they did not have haul it away.
That being said, the service we used does do firewood or lumber mills so they were glad to leave it...and cut it into rounds for us also.

Same here most tree companies stay busy by working in the cities and will gladly give you much cheaper prices to leave the wood and not have to do clean up.

They all have to take the wood and chips to the dump anyways. Unless they can find someone to buy it easy enough that it doesn't interfere with production. But most bring it to the dump because they have a schedule to keep and just want it out of the chip truck and clam truck asap so they can move onto the next job

I had a 30 inch dbh ash removed from between my house and the neighbor's house a few years back. It set me back about $1200 but I was glad to pay it. The tree service was happy to leave the rounds behind because otherwise he would have had to pay to dump it.
Before
DSC_0339.jpg

After
DSC_0355.jpg

It was a climbing job that took over 2 days to get done because he had to piece it out to avoid major damage to my house and the neighbor's house. I did get a quote from my insurance company that unless the tree was gone by a certain date they would cancel my policy.

Attachments

• DSC_0339-1.jpg
    DSC_0339-1.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 214
I had to have one removed before we could get homeowners insurance on the house we jusr bought. It was a little close to our house and also threatened our sattelite dish. I was not sure who to call and time was a big problem. I asked someone for a auote but they never got back to me. So I bought a saw and some wedges and started learning. practiced on a few in the back yard first (5 acres) then did this :

Status
Not open for further replies.