Remove Exhaust Motor?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

clunk

Hearth Supporter
Jun 24, 2008
Eastern Ma
Question regarding my Quadra-Fire CB 1200i. One of the wires attached to my exhaust motor was knocked loose by the chimney sweep last fall. Although loose, it still worked when carefully jiggled into place. Yesterday when I was cleaning out the exhaust transition assembly at the access point, I knocked the wire loose again and now I can't get it to work. There is a little metal piece that the wire clips onto that has become detached from the motor. I can put it back in but still get no electrical contact, or only intermittent electrical contact. I guess what I need to do is take the motor off and see why it's not making contact. I took the nuts off the mounting brackets to take the motor off but it still won't come off. I guess I need to take the blower fan off from the inside? Or can I fix it without taking the motor off? Any suggestions?

EDIT: I got the motor off; realized I needed to take the bracket between the motor and the blower off. Still need to figure out why it's not making the connection.

Second EDIT: Got it working. There was no connection because the thin wire that connects from the motor to the metal clip that the main wire connects to was broken. I had to cut the insulating tape and then find what was left of the wire and solder some copper wire to it and then to the clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.