Removing and Reinstalling QuadraFire Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

edensacres

Hearth Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Central West Virginia
I have to remove the unit from the fireplace to place a part and then reinstall it.

What am I going to run into when I take the unit out and then again when I try to put it back in the fireplace? Any words of wisdom?

Thanks,
Ben

There is a "docking station" in the back. Look/feel for metal clamps. The few I have seen have this feature.

What kind of Quad do you have, edensacres? My Sante Fe and Castile just sit on the floor of the fireplaces. I assume they used flexible pipe up your chimney so you'll have to unsnap the transition piece where the pipe attaches to the body. Other than that, piece of cake except for my Sante Fe, which was a 'custom' install with all the surround cut and bent to just fit INSIDE my opening. It's a pain in the butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.