Removing stovepipe sleeve

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burt4750

Sep 7, 2016
Lexington KY
We removed a Fisher Granpappy free standing wood burning stove last fall and replaced it with a ventless propane fireplace and now I have a dilemma. When the stove was originally installed, a brick hearth and wall was built to accommodate the stove. The brick was laid around a stovepipe sleeve through the wall going out to the chimney. I am now at a loss how to remove this sleeve. I have taken a couple pair of pliers and have tried to pull the thing out but have had no luck. Will I have to cut the pipe flush with the brick before placing a cover over the hole, or does someone have a better solution.

Thanks!

burt4750

We removed a Fisher Granpappy free standing wood burning stove last fall and replaced it with a ventless propane fireplace and now I have a dilemma. When the stove was originally installed, a brick hearth and wall was built to accommodate the stove. The brick was laid around a stovepipe sleeve through the wall going out to the chimney. I am now at a loss how to remove this sleeve. I have taken a couple pair of pliers and have tried to pull the thing out but have had no luck. Will I have to cut the pipe flush with the brick before placing a cover over the hole, or does someone have a better solution.

Thanks!

burt4750
Cut it flush, or bend it in to relieve the tension, then pull it out. Vent free? Interesting..

Status
Not open for further replies.