Renaming Files with a PC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckdeuce

Feeling the Heat
Feb 11, 2008
Western, PA
Lets say I have 5 pictures and I want to name them all the same. If I select them all, right click and select rename..... The lets say I use the name hearth. My PC will then rename then Hearth, Hearth (2), Hearth (3), Hearth (4), and Hearth (5). You get the idea.. I need them to be renamed in a different way. What I would like them to look like is Hearth, Hearth_2, Hearth_3, Hearth_4, and Hearth_5.

Is there a way to change the default so that the PC will change the format from (2) style to the _2 style?

Mucho Thank-o

I have never seen that changed. I just rename everything manually. Good luck and I will see what others say...

If you are using Windows, that's an OS thing that you can't configure. Not sure about a Mac/Linux.

You might be able to download some freeware that does what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.