Replace dinky 16.5Kbtu wall heater with free standing gas heater/stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

area_man

Burning Hunk
Feb 12, 2013
Oregon City, OR
2800sf house, this will be installed in the greater kitchen area that would maybe be a small dining room that joins the kitchen by an open wall, and adjacent to the master bedroom. I would be happy with a high heat output unit esp if it comes in an enamel finish. The 16.5 heater makes a dent but it's a dent, I want to potentially be able to heat the house with it or at least keep it from freezing through in the winter if electricity goes out. 40K would be nice, 30K would be very good, 20K and why bother really.

The spot already has gas run there and already has a vent. I have a cousin who offered to do the walls, and I would ideally like a red enamel stove to put in a brick hearth with brown, yellow, orange, and red brick for a very autumn look, it's going to be so gorgeous through these big quadruple glass doors looking out to a deciduous woods that stretches as far as you can see.

I appreciate beauty.

What would you put there?

Maybe this one?

IMG_2098.png

Last edited:
That is beautiful.

Reactions: DAKSY
The Radiance is a nice stove, not going to find many enamel red stoves either..