replace insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
update: just had Regency i3100 insert installed and first fire yesterday. started up immediately with little effort. had a roaring fire in no time and the amount of heat output is extraordinary. my vermont castings winter warm wasn't a fraction as good. the first floor temp was 71 with the thermostat at 66. i filled stove at midnite and at 8:30 this morning threw on a log and it ignited with no problem. this is an impressive stove! fan on low is quiet. not so on high. i have a fan on a cathedral ceiling pretty high above the stove and the fan on low with the heat is turning the fan blades. amazing!! my wife doesn't like the gold trim. i think it looks good. maybe i can swap the door with somebody for a basic black one if she doesn't stop busting my chops. i give the Regency very high marks! btw, we were able to slip the 6" insulted liner right down through the existing 8" liner. worked out great! thank you all for all your advice. ken

Status
Not open for further replies.