Replaced insert blower motor.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
After if acting up last year, I replaced the blower motor on the Summit insert.
Was much easier than I imagined. And I was quite pleased to do it without having to move the insert.
I took photos and can post it for a wikipedia or whatever the hell it is. But only if its deemed a help.
I did cheat and left the housing on the insert and replaced the motor with new motor, bracket & fan.
I see no need to remove & replace the entire outer housing.

Also found the door latch had 2 thicker washers on the inside and a thinner bowed washer I suppose for tension on the outside.
I was never happy with the seal on the door. And even used a 1" gasket as opposed to the stock 7/8" to gain a better seal.
It seems the cast might have worn a lil or uneven, and the latch felt looser than normal. I took one of the thicker washers on the inside and out it on the outside and now it closes & seals much better with the 7/8" gasket.
Factory oops? Dunno. But it now seals much better and still has room for adjustment. Where as before it was adjusted as far as it could go.
The s.s. pin broke when trying to straighten to remove. I used a s.s. cotter pin and all is much better now.

Any Summit owners with similar issues can make these adjustments themselves.
I aint gonna post photos unless truly needed. Feeling lazy tonight.
Cleaned, adjusted, new motor & 7 cords ready to go. Only need 4 to 5, but better too much than not enough.
Have about 4 or 5 more laying ready to be cut, split & stacked. Too warm yet for that.
I'm ready, but not necessarily wanting the cold yet. The specialness has worn off.

Status
Not open for further replies.