Replacement Bearings question. Rubber or SS shields?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

shtrdave

Feeling the Heat
Feb 13, 2012
SW PA
I replaced the combustion motor on my P43, maybe 2 years ago. I found the old one the other day and looked at it. Pulled it apart and found 608RS bearings. Would replacing with a 608SS instead be a better option? I guess it comes down to rubber or stainless shielding?

Figure I could have a spare when needed. Running most of the winter in manual with the combustion blower running constantly does seem to take toll on the bearings.

Thank you.

Any RS bearings I’ve needed to replace, I’ve replaced with ZZ bearings so that both sides are sealed with metal and have not had to replace since

Any RS bearings I’ve needed to replace, I’ve replaced with ZZ bearings so that both sides are sealed with metal and have not had to replace since
Thank you, that was my thought.

Reactions: Washed-Up