replacement blower motor for an old CountryFlame insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marylandBen

Hearth Supporter
Nov 8, 2010
MD
My father has, in his house, an old Country Flame fireplace insert with a 3-speed blower to circulate hot air into the room. We don't know the model name or model number, but he says it was installed new in the mid-late 1980s (we think '86 or '87). The original blower motor has recently stopped working. I pulled it out, shorted out the temperature sensor, and turned on the switch, to verify that it was the motor itself. All it did was make a faint buzzing sound, with no turning. So i guess that means we need a new motor? Or is it possible that we could lube or otherwise repair the original?

If the motor does need replacement, how and where should i go for one? I have searched on the websites of several stove parts suppliers, and have found 3 speed blowers listed as country flame parts, but how do i know if these will be proper replacements for our insert? this is also not to mention that the ones i have found cost $250 and up. my father was hoping we could fix it for less than $100. but if we're sure that the only proper replacements are $200+, we'll have to work with that.

any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

here's what i can remember off the top of my head about the motor:
-Fasco type U63B1
-115v (of course), 1.05amp
-3sp (with four separate wires going to it)
-mounts with 4 studs in a square pattern, on the same end as the output shaft
-3.3" diameter
-5/16" shaft diameter
-fan has 5 blades, about 10" diameter
-clockwise rotation when viewed from the end the fan is attached to.

There are a couple other numbers i can't remember right now, but i can get them later.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.