Replacement latch / or full handle for old Waterford stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

baytrees

Jan 8, 2024
USA
I'm trying to track down a replacement latch for an old Stanley Stove - Model Waterford MH-11048

The side door handle has lost the latch piece that allows the door to shut - the handle just pulled out loose and I guess the latch and nut holding it on fell off but can't be found anywhere - probably swept up and thrown out with the ashes. I'm struggling to find anywhere to buy a replacement. Just the latch if possible but I'd buy a whole new handle if necessary.

MH-11048 does not ring a bell for a Waterford model. Usually they have either a 2 or 3 digit model like the 90 or 104, or a named model like the Leprachaun or Erin or Fiona.