Replacement project almost finished....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkazak

Jan 21, 2014
Nebraska
house1_zps81fe29bc.jpg

I had a thread earlier about replacing the ZC fireplace in our log home. After due diligence this is what we came up with. I was excited to show you guys (and gals) so try and look past that its not finished out. On the other hand ideas for trim work are appreciated. Its
too tall for a traditional mantel (at least one very deep) - but it deserves to make a statement. We prefer to stick with wood but Im not sure where to turn...

Before and after (so far)

Attachments

• 20140824_202227.jpg
    20140824_202227.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Wow, that is a beautiful setting. The old Hearthstone will make a nice difference. Once you get that big rock hot it keeps putting out heat for hours. How is the the stove looking on the inside? Are all components (secondary tube and the upper baffle) in good shape?

Don't know about a "old Hearthstone" but that pristine Mansfield looks great in there. I love that wood stove and all four tubes are probably in great shape. >>

Don't know about a "old Hearthstone" but that pristine Mansfield looks great in there. I love that wood stove and all four tubes are probably in great shape. >>

Yes the Mansfield really is in great shape. The tubes are excellent although it looks like the ceramic baffle has a couple of pencil size punctures in it (probaby from wood spurs). Is this something that needs replaced immediately..?

Excited to get it fired up for the first time - although not excited about Winter this year.....

Baffle will probably be fine for now. You could twist a couple of piece of insulation and plug the holes with it if they go all the way through. If not all the way through, fugidaboutit.

Status
Not open for further replies.