Q&A Replacing an internal baffle in an Energy Harvester stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I have a cast iron Energy Harvesters stove from a now defunct foundry which was located in Fitzwilliam, New Hampshire. The stove is now 20+ years old and through the years, the internal baffle has worn out. I realize I should junk it and buy a more efficient model, but really like the stove and would like to replace the baffle if possible. I've thought about having a steel baffle made to match. Any suggestions?

Answer:

Best thing to so would be create a baffle from a steel angle Iron frame and drop split firebricks on top of the frame. This will hold up well. Also, using stainless steel sheet metal with lot of bends or waves for reinforcement might work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.