Replacing an old Jotul cat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Outdoorguy,
I like the look of the Great Plain. Did the thermometer, hangy things and tools come with it or did you get those separate? Is it fairly easy to run that stove low and slow?

The thermometer did come with it. The tools did not, i bought them through them and their tool handles are designed to hang on slots that are built into the stove. And yes it is definitely easy to run low and slow. I would say once the soapstone is up to temp. Then you can turn it down and it will easily do an entire burn and have coals in the morning. I always put wood in around 10pm and at 7am there is always coals. This morning it probably could of gone another couple of hours even.