Replacing circulating fan on Enviro 1200 Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lml999

Minister of Fire
Oct 25, 2013
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
First post, by the way, after many hours of browsing. Fabulous resource!

Been burning for 6 or 7 years now, with a Kodiak Enviro 1200 insert in our living room. House is suburban Boston multilevel, with stove facing the 6 steps leading up to the bedrooms. Pretty good circulation for the main living area and the upstairs overall. I run the circulating fan intermittently...don't always need it.

Stove was sold and installed by Commonwealth Fireplace in Dedham. Good install, great experience overall.

The circulating fan is now making intermittent bearing noises...or maybe something is rubbing against the fan blades...not sure. I've got a replacement fan assembly on the way.

I found a video on youtube showing how to get access to the fan on a larger Enviro stove, but the construction is slightly different on mine. Looks like I need to get the two side covers off, or at least the left side. Parts diagram shows where the bolts are, but I don't seem to have the clearance between the stove body and the cover to get to them (unlike the larger stove, which has a good gap).

Can someone shed some light on this? I expect that it's pretty straightforward...I just can't figure it out.

Not sure why people don't mention the Enviros more...it seems to be a well thought of brand...but not mentioned much.

Also, just stacked 3 cords of wood over the weekend. Should hold us for most of the winter (wife doesn't use the stove if I'm traveling). Finally found a good supplier...it's been a bit dicey in metrowest Boston, with too many people selling crap wood or short deliveries. Wish I had room on my property to store more, but I'm kinda maxed out at 4 or 5 cords! :(

Great to be here!

Welcome to the forums. I have never heard a bad word about Enviro. They make good products. I'm glad the stove has worked out well for you. Did you call the dealer to ask about how to service the blower fan?

Welcome to the forums. I have never heard a bad word about Enviro. They make good products. I'm glad the stove has worked out well for you. Did you call the dealer to ask about how to service the blower fan?

Thanks begreen! I'll swing by the dealer and ask...but I am sensitive to the issue that I'm asking them for help on a DIY project. Might need to buy a new set of gloves or something. :)

I wouldn't be sensitive about asking a basic maintenance question. It's good to know how to remove the blowers for normal annual maintenance like cleaning.

I wouldn't be sensitive about asking a basic maintenance question. It's good to know how to remove the blowers for normal annual maintenance like cleaning.

Got it, thanks! Of course, now that the spare part is on its way, the fan is not making any (unusual) noise. Maybe it just does need a cleaning!

It could be out of balance due to accumulated dust and hair on the blades. Take it out and clean it thoroughly. Then oil the bearings if possible. This may require drilling a small oil hole on each end of the armature.

i bougtht the Enviro Boston 1700 insert from Commonwealth Fireplace as well. Great place. Just did my starter fires over the weekend. Love the stove so far. Had the whole house up to 75 last night.

Quick question on the blower.. Is there an automatic setting? my blower switch has 3 options, and then the rotary dial for blower speed. the manual is very vague on blower instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.