REPLACING VERMONT CASTINGS WITH PELLET STOVE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heretostaywarm

Jul 30, 2014
Fairfield Co., CT
I have a white enamel Vermont Castings stove that I'm looking to replace with a pellet stove. Does anyone have a reccommendation for a good, economical pellet stove. Also, is there a market to sell the traditional stove. It is in excellent condition, works well and is pretty, but I don't want to deal with cutting, chopping and stacking wood anymore. Would consider a swap.

Thanks

Good name brand wood stoves have a decent resale but not near what one would hope. VC made several sizes and that affects price too. Starting price on pellet stoves new is around $1200. The more things that make them nice like auto start or longer time between cleanings and fillings all add $$$. If looking at a good entry level stove try a refurbished at amfmenergy.com

Good name brand wood stoves have a decent resale but not near what one would hope. VC made several sizes and that affects price too. Starting price on pellet stoves new is around $1200. The more things that make them nice like auto start or longer time between cleanings and fillings all add $$$. If looking at a good entry level stove try a refurbished at amfmenergy.com

Thank you for the info. This would be for a smaller area of my house that's not heated by the Pinnacle Pellet boiler that serves the main part of the house. The boiler heats the house for much much less than oil, propane or electric, but not without the work of filling it daily and thoroughly cleaning the baffles and burn box every three weeks during the winter. I usually look like a chimney sweep after, but never mind, I'm pretty sold on pellets as a good energy source. Will check out amfmenergy.com. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.