Replacing window gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luna

Jan 4, 2016
SW Colorado
Hi folks...I've learned a lot by reading on this site but this is my first post. I need to replace the gasket on my window glass and I know I can either do so be removing the door and then the window glass or simply leave the door on and remove the glass. This second option seems a bit easier to me. Also once I remove the old gasket what should I use to clean the area before I put on the new gasket? Do I need to apply additional glue to the gasket even though the replacement has adhesive on it. Thanks!

Greetings. Glass gasket replacement will vary with the make and model of the stove. We would need this first to get more specific. Some hold the gasket in place by pressure and others have a self-adhesive backing to hold it in place. Be careful tightening the glass retaining clips. Too tight may crack the glass. The glass should be held firmly in place with no more tension than is necessary.

There are also a lot of youtube videos on the topic. Here are a couple different applications.

Hi
Greetings. Glass gasket replacement will vary with the make and model of the stove. We would need this first to get more specific. Some hold the gasket in place by pressure and others have a self-adhesive backing to hold it in place. Be careful tightening the glass retaining clips. Too tight may crack the glass. The glass should be held firmly in place with no more tension than is necessary.
thanks stove is NC. 13

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.