Replacing Zero Clearance - Other manufacturers than Travis and Lennox?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushfire

Burning Hunk
Nov 19, 2005
Kennett Square, PA
I recently moved to Kansas and bought a house with a Preway ZC fireplace which is no longer safe to use. I'm an ex-burner from CT (morso and Extrodinair insert) and am considering replacing the ZC for an EPA Approved ZC Fireplace. The fireplace serves so much of a focal point of the house that it's a shame not to be able to use it. I know that both Lennox (Security Fireplace) and Travis offer fireplaces that would work (Tradition CE and Elite, amongst others), but are there other manufacturers I should look at? I'm on a long time scale (nothing will happen before next winter), but I'd like to be able to do some serious research and visiting of dealers before I make the final decisions. Oh, and I need to find the money.

Also, for anybody that has had good luck with dealers in the NE Kansas area (Manhattan, Topeka, Lawrence, Kansas City, Emporia), I'd love to hear opinions.

I just had a Lennox Brentwood, zero clearence, with air cooled pipe ran two stories, installed for $3200.00 here in Louisville Kentucky. Had a 4 day power outage and heated 2400 Sq. Ft. on 2 floors and basement, via slow speed furnace motor, with the help of generator, at 20 degree outside temps. It replaced a useless Healeator. Really good on wood consumption. Keeps the Heat Pump/Furnace off.

Status
Not open for further replies.