Reprieve by Mother Nature

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mywaynow

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 13, 2010
Northeast
After going from 20s and a foot of snow to 50s and rain/mud, we got 20s overnights for the last 2 nights. The loads I had cut were now accessible by truck early this morning. Ash, Red Oak and alot of Walnut. 4 trailer loads done, with 2 more cut. I need to wait until tomorrow morning again as the grass started to thaw out on top causing some treadmud. Whew! I thought this stuff was going to be there until June. I have a huge trunk that needs to be dealt with by chain/truck too. I am going to go there with the intention of trying that out tomorrow as well as loading the last 2 loads that are already bucked.

Attachments

• tree27.jpg
    tree27.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 242
  • tree28.jpg
    tree28.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 234
Where are you in the NE with no snow on the ground?

Central West NJ. You can find snow is shaded areas or lots where the plows deposited it. Otherwise, bare ground.

Very nice. You are 2 months ahead of us.
Good work temp, in the 20s & less dirt & mud on the wood.
Does Lowes or HD near you give their pallet away free? May help.
Gonna be a nice pile of BTUs in 2 years :)

mywaynow said:
After going from 20s and a foot of snow to 50s and rain/mud, we got 20s overnights for the last 2 nights. The loads I had cut were now accessible by truck early this morning. Ash, Red Oak and alot of Walnut. 4 trailer loads done, with 2 more cut. I need to wait until tomorrow morning again as the grass started to thaw out on top causing some treadmud. Whew! I thought this stuff was going to be there until June. I have a huge trunk that needs to be dealt with by chain/truck too. I am going to go there with the intention of trying that out tomorrow as well as loading the last 2 loads that are already bucked.

Looks like you have some nice rounds for splitting. We just had -17 the other morning and this weekend looks like a rain filled weekend with possible flooding.

We'll push in about three loads of Cherry Friday then go from top cover to covering the sides so the wood won't get soaked.

Zap

Man, I'm really getting sick of not being able to hit the woods. Still a couple feet of snow (at least) here - but, looks like a good stretch of above freezing (not by much) coming up to start the melting. Looks like some great wood for you - I've got a bunch of blow down across the street (probably 4 cord or so) of red maple and white birch - would like to get it bucked and split soon. Plus, 2.5 cord of black and yellow birch and sugar maple to drop at work. My poor saw seems so lonely in the barn - I should go say hi. Cheers!

NH_Wood said:
Man, I'm really getting sick of not being able to hit the woods. Still a couple feet of snow (at least) here - but, looks like a good stretch of above freezing (not by much) coming up to start the melting. Looks like some great wood for you - I've got a bunch of blow down across the street (probably 4 cord or so) of red maple and white birch - would like to get it bucked and split soon. Plus, 2.5 cord of black and yellow birch and sugar maple to drop at work. My poor saw seems so lonely in the barn - I should go say hi. Cheers!

There's still sledding. . . .

Keep on hauling when you can. It is like farm work and putting up hay. You have to make hay when the sun shines is the old saying. This means that you can not choose when you want to do it. You do it when Mother Nature allows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.