reputable manufacturer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogdor

Jan 13, 2015
Ontario
Hello all,

My drafty fireplace just isn't cutting it anymore.

About to get our first wood insert to achieve better heat and get some efficiency in burning our wood.

So far top contenders are from Enviro, Hampton (Regency) and PE.

Comments on their reputation? Any issues dealing with these manufacturers?

Thanks, input appreciated!

All first rate choices. Welcome to h.c

All first rate choices. Welcome to h.c

Thanks for the welcome and the input.

Only negative I've read up on so far is with less than ideal burn times with the Regency CI2600/ HI400, some people however are having success. I just want to ensure that if an issue arises that the company or a rep is decent to work with if my distributor is out of options. May go with something that has been out on the market a bit longer.

If you have the space to extend the hearth I'd consider a wood stove and chimney liner kit to get the most heat.

That's not something I've yet to consider, thanks! The extra space requirement is something I would need to check (especially with the boss).

Check with your retailer on exactly which units are in stock. I'm pretty sure they all come from The Foundry (distributor in Ont.) and there have been issues keeping things in stock. No sense in getting your heart set on something and then finding out it will be months. Lots of backorders on many things in the States too, so not just a local issue. It's been a busy year.

BTW, what part of the province are you in? Lots of Ont members here.

Welcome, nice screen name. The burninator lives.

My in laws have an Enviro Cabello. Very well built stove and throws good heat. I believe he's heating about 1700sf with it.

Check with your retailer on exactly which units are in stock. I'm pretty sure they all come from The Foundry (distributor in Ont.) and there have been issues keeping things in stock. No sense in getting your heart set on something and then finding out it will be months. Lots of backorders on many things in the States too, so not just a local issue. It's been a busy year.

BTW, what part of the province are you in? Lots of Ont members here.

Thanks DougA! Good point - didn't consider finding out what is available. I actually called The Foundry yesterday with a quick inquiry, when they call back I should ask what they have - One retailer near(ish) to me has a few units that my wife likes on the floor already.

I'm just North of Toronto, glad there are lots of other Canucks kicking around here... Sure to have questions!

Welcome, nice screen name. The burninator lives.

My in laws have an Enviro Cabello. Very well built stove and throws good heat. I believe he's heating about 1700sf with it.

Burninating the country side!

Thanks for the info bobdog2o02! My wife liked the Cabello the most when she saw it up close, we have clearance for the 1200, but not the 1700.
We are heating roughly the same area in a open side split home. Does your father in law have the 1200 or the 1700 model?

I've read that having the unit come out a bit more throws more heat into the room... The Boston seems like a nice offering for that.

Keep in mind that there are also two business models depending on the MFG. Some rely on dealer networks and others will work directly with the customer. Something to keep in mind while picking brands and dealers.

ETA: I point this out because a manufacturer may be quite reputable (I will pick on Quadrafire), but they rarely deal directly with the customer - they use their dealer network.

Burninating the country side!

Thanks for the info bobdog2o02! My wife liked the Cabello the most when she saw it up close, we have clearance for the 1200, but not the 1700.
We are heating roughly the same area in a open side split home. Does your father in law have the 1200 or the 1700 model?

I've read that having the unit come out a bit more throws more heat into the room... The Boston seems like a nice offering for that.

They have the 1200. They are heating the upper half of a split level, stove is upstairs and there's no way to pish the heat down. Its OK, mostly storage down there anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.