Resizing Pic For Avatar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Either I'm a dunce, or my programs can't get it done. Which is weird.

Can someone help me out? It's just to big. Damn it.

dadixieyedhusle at optonline dot net

Mucho gracias

Lee, it's an avatar, needs to upload from my comp, as far as I can figure out.

But thanx, me thinx !!

Off to photobucket !!

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Lee, it's an avatar, needs to upload from my comp, as far as I can figure out.

But thanx, me thinx !!

Off to photobucket !!

How bout put pic in photobucket.
Resize.
Move to file on desktop.
Ad to Avytar.
WALA
MayB ,,,,, Methinx.

Testing. Testing.

grrrrrr.

Again.

You gotta get the avatar pic down to about 100 pixels either way, give or take. Give it a name with a .jpg extension & "Save for web" on your computer (at least that's what I do in Photoshop elements). Then go to your Control Panel on the forum and uplaod/change avatar. I don't get it, Eileen...you've had about 4 or 5 different avatars. What's different this time? If you can't get it to work, e-mail me the pic and I'll resize & save it for you & send it back to you. Worth a shot. Rick

fossil said:
You gotta get the avatar pic down to about 100 pixels either way, give or take. Give it a name with a .jpg extension & "Save for web" on your computer (at least that's what I do in Photoshop elements). Then go to your Control Panel on the forum and uplaod/change avatar. I don't get it, Eileen...you've had about 4 or 5 different avatars. What's different this time? If you can't get it to work, e-mail me the pic and I'll resize & save it for you & send it back to you. Worth a shot. Rick

It's down to 50, as far as I can tell, it's saved as jpg. I know the jpg thing and the avatar thing. Crikey, it's just a Christmasy Holiday type avatar for gits & shiggles :coolgrin: <insert BB>

I'ma emailing. I feel it needs to be converted some how, just not sure how, who, where, when. Grrrrrr >:-(

Thanks, Rick.

Yeah !!! Success, courtesy of Rick !!!

Thanks from Dix & I !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.