Wacky st. Croix lancaster

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Thughes6

Dec 28, 2023
New york
Hey everyone, I got an old lancaster which heats like crazy when it works but now it's getting weird. Will start up great then a click when the blower is supposed to come on but no blower and pellets stop feeding and it goes out. Sometimes I toggle off and on and that gets it going, sometimes not. Sometimes it will go ahead and go but late, like the blower will come on but no auger then when it's out the auger will start. It's line the timing is off. But when it works it heats the whole place so I want to save it if I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey everyone, I got an old lancaster which heats like crazy when it works but now it's getting weird. Will start up great then a click when the blower is supposed to come on but no blower and pellets stop feeding and it goes out. Sometimes I toggle off and on and that gets it going, sometimes not. Sometimes it will go ahead and go but late, like the blower will come on but no auger then when it's out the auger will start. It's line the timing is off. But when it works it heats the whole place so I want to save it if I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I have a 2006 auburn that is in garage, doing overhaul. Well after replacing auger,convection blower, fired up & run fine for 4hr.
Fired it up after setting idle 3 days and darn if combustion blower just set & hummed.
Pulled it and connect direct and it runs again, but noticed motor shaft has 1/4" of play. Ordered new one.