Resolute Acclaim Model 0041 - metal sides cracked where bolt goes through - safety issue? (Pics adde

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maria_bettina

Hearth Supporter
Dec 1, 2010
West Coast
We bought a used Resolute Acclaim 0041 a while back but never installed it. We took a look at it tonight and found that the interior metal sides are cracked where bolt goes through. I see that there are no part numbers for the "left core side" and "right core side" on the schematic for this model. Could we apply a high temp stove sealant to the cracks?What can I do to fix it, if anything?

Another question I have is about the Combustion Package. The fiberglass inside is of unknown age, and it's flaking. Is that normal (the flaking)?

Thanks in advance for answering questions for our bad purchase. :(

Edit: I added pictures. Note the crack on either side of the hole where the bolt is supposed to be.

Attachments

• Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 392
  • Image00003.jpg
    Image00003.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 529
The early versions of this stove were notorious for self-destructing their innards. If you can post some pictures, some folks may be able to tell you more about what needs to be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.